£10K Business Start Up Challenge
Derry City and Strabane District Councils £10K business Start-Up Challenge aims to boost ambitious new businesses in Derry and Strabane that have the potential to make a major impact. The awards are open to individuals that have started a business within the last year or have enrolled or completed the ‘GoForIt’ Programme.
Prizes and access to specialist professional guidance/advice will be awarded to help entrepreneurs progress their business idea. Winners will also be given additional profile for their business idea.
This competition is free to enter.
1. First Prize - £5,000
2. Second Prize - £3,000
3. Third Prize - £2,000
- Free business banking from Danske Bank
- Specialist Support from Invest NI
- The overall winner will also receive a six month free desk space at The BEAM Centre, a coworking space, ten minutes from Derry-Londonderry City Centre, which supports start-ups, community projects and small businesses. In addition, the winner will benefit from access to meeting rooms and conference facilities, and valuable access to business mentors to support in business development, and help with opportunities for networking.
*Prize must be redeemed by 30 June 2018 and is non-transferrable. Terms and conditions apply.
How to enter
Entering is simple – just complete each section of this form and return with a copy of your business plan.
The £10K Business Start-Up Challenge is open to individuals in the Derry City and Strabane District Council area who have started a business within the last year or who completed the ‘Go For It’ programme.
PROCESS AND DEADLINE
Applicants will be required to submit an application and copy of business plan before the closing date of 12.00 Noon on 15th May 2017 (Deadline has been extended from 5th May).
From these entries a selected judging panel will create a shortlist announced in the week commencing 22nd May
and the final pitching sessions will be held week commencing 5th June
1. Andrew Ferris (Small Town America)
2. Redmond McFadden (Danske Bank)
3. Liam Nelis (Gradon Architecture)
4. Leanne Doherty (BEAM)
1. Quality of business plan
2. Innovative business idea
3. Growth, export, commercial potential
4. Entrepreneurial spirit and drive
5. Market research
6. Ability to positively impact on the economy of Derry & Strabane
7. How the Award will be used by the business
**This competition has now closed**
All entries will be treated in the strictest confidence by the judging panel and no information will be disclosed to third parties without prior consent of entrants. The decision of judges is final and prizes are non-transferrable.
*Note: If you can’t attend the pitching session week commencing 5th June your application will not be accepted!
*Note: If you do not attach a copy of your business plan you application will not be accepted!