Corporate and Improvement Plan
Corporate Plan 2018/19 and Performance Improvement Plan 2018/19
The Council is committed to its mission of delivering “Improved social, economic and environmental outcomes for everyone” and set out its priorities in the Corporate Plan 2018/19 and Performance Improvement Plan 2018/19 document which was agreed by Council on 28 June 2018.
Our Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan (2018/19) is set out in four key sections:
- Section 1 sets out the context for our plans for 2018/19 and provides details of how we have engaged citizens and stakeholders in our planning processes, how our plans fit together and what we have achieved in 2017/18.
- Section 2 relates to the Corporate Plan for Derry City and Strabane District Council for the year 2018/19. The Corporate Plan explains our priorities for the forthcoming year and what the Council will do to help achieve these and how the Council will spend its budget in support of these priorities.
- Section 3 relates specifically to our improvement objectives for 2018/19
- Section 4 provides details of your local Councillors and contact details.
A copy of the Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan (2018/19) is available by clicking on the following link:
A summary version is also available by clicking the following link
Performance Improvement Plan 2018/19
Part 12 of the Local Government Act (NI) 2014 puts in place a framework to support continuous improvement in the delivery of council services, and the Council has an obligation to produce a Performance Improvement Plan.
The Improvement Objectives we have identified for 2018/19, are set below.
IMPROVEMENT OBJECTIVES 2018/19
- To increase employment opportunities and economic growth through a range of measures including creating new business start-ups, supporting existing business and delivering visitor growth as a destination of choice.
- To help people develop long, healthy and fulfilling lives by increasing participation in high quality leisure, sport and healthy living activity.
- To protect and enhance the environment through creating and supporting a culture of environmental stewardship.
- To deliver improved customer satisfaction by improving customer support services and processes.
Further information on these objectives is contained within Section 3 of the Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan.
Your feedback is very important in helping the Council to continuously improve.
Please give us your comments on our services, plans and suggestions for improvement by emailing [email protected]
Alternatively you may telephone 02871 253 253 Ext 6704