Corporate and Improvement Plan
Corporate Plan 2017/18 and Performance Improvement Plan 2017/18
The Council is committed to its mission of delivering “Improved social, economic and environmental outcomes for everyone” and set out its priorities in the Corporate Plan 2017/18 and Performance Improvement Plan 2017/18 document which was agreed by Council on 22nd June 2017.
Our Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan (2017/18) is an interim document pending the final approval of our Strategic Community Plan. This document is set out in four key sections:
- Section 1 sets out the context for our plans for 2017/18 and provides details of how we have engaged citizens and stakeholders in our planning processes, how our plans fit together and what we have achieved in 2016/17.
- Section 2 relates to the Corporate Plan for Derry City and Strabane District Council for the year 2017/18. The Corporate Plan explains our priorities for the forthcoming year and what the Council will do to help achieve these and how the Council will spend its budget in support of these priorities.
- Section 3 relates specifically to our improvement objectives for 2017/18
- Section 4 provides details of your local Councillors and contact details.
A copy of the Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan (2017/18) is available by clicking on the following link:
Performance Improvement Plan 2017/18
Part 12 of the Local Government Act (NI) 2014 puts in place a framework to support continuous improvement in the delivery of council services, and the Council has an obligation to produce a Performance Improvement Plan.
The Improvement Objectives we have identified for 2017/18, are set below.
Improvement Objectives 2017/18
- To prosper through a strong, competitive, entrepreneurial and innovative economy.
- To help people develop long, healthy and fulfilling lives by increasing participation in high quality leisure, sport and healthy living activity.
- To protect and enhance the environment through creating and supporting a culture of environmental stewardship.
- To deliver improved customer satisfaction by improving customer support services and processes.
- To support Council’s investment and capital aspirations by developing (1) a fully scoped efficiency plan for reinvestment in Council’s growth objectives and (2) a funding strategy for Council’s Strategic Inclusive Growth Plan (including capital aspirations) once finalised.
Further information on these objectives is contained within Section 3 of the Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan.
Your feedback is very important in helping the Council to continuously improve.
Please give us your comments on our services, plans and suggestions for improvement by emailing [email protected]
Alternatively you may telephone 02871 253 253 Ext 6704