Corporate and Improvement Plan
Corporate Plan 2016-17 and Performance Improvement Plan 2016-17
The Council is committed to its mission of delivering “Improved social, economic and environmental outcomes for everyone” and set out its priorities in the Corporate Plan 2016/17 and Performance Improvement Plan 2016/17 document which was agreed by Council on 23rd June 2016.
Our Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan (2016-17) is an interim document pending the final approval of our Strategic Community Plan. It represents our priority outcomes as a Council for the next year.
This document is set out in four key sections:
- Section 1 sets out the context for our plans for 2016/17 and provides details of how we have engaged citizens and stakeholders in our planning processes, how our plans fit together and what we have achieved in 2015/16.
- Section 2 relates to the Corporate Plan for Derry City and Strabane District Council for the year 2016/17. The Corporate Plan explains our priorities for the forthcoming year and what the Council will do to help achieve these and how the Council will spend its budget in support of these priorities.
- Section 3 relates specifically to our improvement objectives for 2016/17
- Section 4 provides details of your local Councillors and contact details.
A copy of the Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan (2016-17) is available by clicking on the following link:
Performance Improvement Plan 2016/17
Part 12 of the Local Government Act (NI) 2014 puts in place a framework to support continuous improvement in the delivery of council services, and the Council has an obligation to produce a Performance Improvement Plan.
The Improvement Objectives we have identified for 2016/17, are set below.
Improvement Objectives 2016-2017
- To grow Business Start Up’s by 5% in 2016/17 focusing on the priority sectors identified in the Integrated Economic Strategy for Derry & Strabane.
- To help people to develop and adopt healthy lifestyles through increasing participation in high quality leisure, sport and healthy living activity.
- To increase sustainable development through enabling higher quality planning and building control submissions resulting in a more integrated and effective Planning and Building Control system and quality outputs.
- To deliver improved customer satisfaction by improving customer support services and processes.
- To support Council’s investment and capital aspirations by facilitating the development of a funding strategy and growth plan and by improving medium term financial planning in the organisation so that rates planning becomes a continuous live process throughout the year.
Further information on these objectives is contained within Section 3 of the Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan. You can also view the summary of Performance Improvement Plan by clicking on the following link:
Your feedback is very important in helping the Council to continuously improve.
Please give us your comments on our services, plans and suggestions for improvement by emailing [email protected]
Alternatively you may telephone 02871 253 253 Ext 6704
Corporate and Improvement Plan 2015/16
Here you can find the first corporate and improvement plan for the new Derry City and Strabane District Council. This plan has been developed to communicate to our elected Members, stakeholders and staff what we plan to do to achieve our goals and improve the delivery of our services in the Council’s first year in operation. This plan has been developed in the context of an important community planning process which will provide the long term strategic planning framework for this Council and the wider community. The Council is actively bringing together a range of community, private and statutory stakeholders to develop a long term vision for the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of this area. In the interim this short plan will guide what we do. A longer term corporate plan will be developed in 2015/16 to supplement and support the emerging community plan for this region.
> Download Corporate and Improvement Plan (PDF)
The Council has a clear vision of being a thriving, prosperous and sustainable City and District with equality of opportunity for all. The Council aims to achieve this by leading and facilitating on the Social, Economic and Environmental Regeneration and well-being of the area. This first year plan does not cover all the things that we will do or what we plan to do, but it is a framework within which we will deliver our services in this first year of operation. Over the coming years we will strive to improve and deliver services that reflect your needs and help to create stronger and more resilient communities in Derry City and Strabane District.
If you have any views and/or comments on this corporate and improvement plan, please contact [email protected]