Inclusive Strategic Growth Plan: Our Community Plan
Community Planning is a process led by Councils in conjunction with partners and communities to develop and implement a shared, long-term vision to improve the social, economic and environmental well-being of our City and District. It will also guide how our public services will work together locally to plan and deliver better services.
Following an extensive process of engagement and consultation with citizens, organisations and businesses the Community Plan for Derry and Strabane – the Inclusive Strategic Growth Plan - is now nearing completion. The final strategy incorporating the views of all those who have contributed will be published mid-November.
A thriving, prosperous and sustainable City and District with equality of opportunity for all.
The outcomes for the District’s new Strategic Growth Plan (SGP) are:
- We are better skilled and educated;
- We prosper through a strong, competitive, entrepreneurial and innovative economy;
- We live in the cultural destination of choice
- We live sustainably – protecting the environment;
- We connect people and opportunities through our infrastructure;
- We live long, healthy and fulfilling lives;
- We live in a shared, equal, and safe community;
- Our children and young people have the best start in life;
A Copy of the draft Strategic Growth Plan is available to view below (Issu) and for download here.