Hay Structure Trail
Commuters around the Strabane district may have noticed some spooky figures emerging from the local landscape.
The hay artworks in Castlederg, Victoria Bridge, Newtownstewart, Plumbridge, Strabane and Donemana are part of the Hallowe’en Hay Sculpture Trail where families can drive around and uncover the eerie trail through the district.
They have been created by local Young Farmers and community groups in conjunction with Derry City and Strabane District Council and feature a wide range of characters from scary witches to creepy spiders, monsters and skeletons.
The hay trail includes two sculptures in Castlederg including a Skeleton outside Castlederg High School and apple characters in the diamond to coincide with the town’s Apple Fair.
‘The Tinneys’ in Strabane have been joined by a Tin Man and the wicked witch while there is also a spider sculpture on the road between Strabane and Ballymagorry.
Sculptures are also located in Donemana, Plumbridge, Newtownstewart and Victoria Bridge.
· Tin Man & Witch – Strabane, the Tinnies, Lifford Rd, Strabane BT82 8ER
· Bat - Donemana Cricket Club, 249-259 Duncastle Rd, Donemana, Strabane BT82 0LR
· Sheep - Plumbridge – Main Street Plumbridge, BT79 8AA
· Monsters – Newtownstewart, On the A5 turn off to Deerpark Road, Newtownstewart BT78 4
· Witch – Victoria Bridge, 84 Urbelrragh Road, Victoria Bridge, BT82 9JL
· Skelton – Castlederg, Castlegore Rd, Castlederg BT81 7RU
· Apple & Caterpillar – Castlederg, BT81 7AR
· Spiders – Strabane, A5 between Strabane and Ballymagorry on the left.
Due to massive interest in the Hay Sculpture trail we would ask anyone who is visiting them to please ensure they park and disembark form their car safely and be mindful of the road traffic.