Arrange a Bulky Waste Collection
Did you know as a resident of Derry City and Strabane District you can avail of a free bulky collection service?
All you need to do is fill out the form at the bottom of the page to arrange.
Please read the information before completing the form as it explains what we can and cannot collect from your home.
If you have any queries about this service simply contact Refuse&[email protected]
Items we can lift
- Bulky furniture – sofas, beds, mattresses, wardrobes, chests of drawers, bedside lockers
- Carpets, lino
- Bags of garden waste
- Electrical appliances e.g. TV
- White goods e.g. fridges, washing machines and cookers
- Large toys, bikes etc
There are some items we cannot lift as part of the bulky collection service. Details of items which cannot be collected are detailed below.
Items we do not lift
- Building material e.g. concrete, wood, tiles
- Fencing, sheds
- Wooden flooring
- Bathroom suites
- Kitchen units
- Paint Tins
- Recyclable materials
- Bags of general waste
Please note, we do not collect waste which is a result of work carried out in your home, such as bathroom suites, kitchens or fireplaces. Please arrange with your building contractor to remove these items or alternatively organise removal by an authorised waste collection company or hire a skip.
We can only collect those items that have been originally booked with us.
Please don't leave any other items out for collection.
Important Points for Collection
- Leave all items out from 7.30m on the day of collection. Do not leave any items out until your collection day.
- Make sure items are outside your property at your normal bin collection point. They should be all in one place and easy to reach.
- Make sure there is enough space outside your property for our lorry.
- Remove any nails from wood or furniture.
Bulky Waste Collection Form
For details of Recycling Centres click here>>