Want to Work?
How can Want to Work? help me?
We know that many people with a health condition or disability want to work but can find it difficult and may face obstacles which seem too difficult to overcome. Want to Work? gives help and support to people who are in the process of claiming Employment and Support Allowance and considering returning to work at some stage in the future.
The help and support offered by Want to Work? is entirely voluntary and will take account of your individual needs and health condition. It will not affect your benefits.
What will happen at your first meeting?
Your advisor will meet with you at your convenience and at a location which suits you. We will talk to you about your current situation, your skills and work experience. We also want to know your aspirations for the future and how we can help you to achieve these.
What can you expect from Want 2 Work Advisors?
Your advisor will be your personal contact and will offer you their support, knowledge and experience in assisting you towards a return to work.
We can advise on:
- Thinking about your first steps towards work;
- What you may need to consider when returning to work (whether now or in the future);
- What support is on offer to assist you to retrain, learn new skills or gain work experience through volunteering;
- How to get help to manage your condition to enable a return to work;
- Getting one to one help with all aspects of seeking employment from applying for a job to interviewing for a post;
- Getting a benefits calculation to look at how much better off you will be in work;
- and many more work, health and well-being related issues. Need advice but can’t see it above, just get in touch and we’ll be happy to assist.
If you want more information about the support we can offer you or would like to arrange a meeting with a wanttowork? Advisor simply fill in the form below.