The purpose of the Recovery & Revitalisation Programme is to help our city and town centres recover from the impact of the closure caused by COVID-19. Council, working with a wide range of key stakeholders, will deliver a programme of infrastructural measures designed to address some of the following challenges:
- pedestrian 'pinch points' that create issues in terms of limited space for social distancing
- address the need for greater physical distance between people
- address areas of pedestrian and vehicular conflict in key commercial streets
- creation of more space for outdoor trading
- installation of more decorative lighting in a number of streetscapes
- focus on more urban greening
These measures will help instil a greater sense of confidence and security for our citizens and visitors so they enjoy our city and town centres safely. The overall aim for this programme is to support the business community and help to stimulate economic activity, increase vibrancy and vitality in a safe and accessible manner.