Tourism Support Programme
What is the DCSDC Tourism Support Programme?
The tourism sector has been decimated by the effects of the global Covid 19 pandemic.
The Tourism Support Programme is a FREE programme aimed specifically at owner-managers of tourism-focused SMEs and micro enterprises who are seeking ways of consolidating and rebuilding their businesses in the coming months. Whilst there is no ‘magic wand’ solution, the purpose of this new programme is to provide participants with the skills, the confidence and the contacts to maximise the probability that they can rally and bounce back from the impact of the pandemic.
What does the programme involve?
3 compulsory workshops aimed at laying a foundation for your online growth
- Assessing the current position of your business – positives and the areas for improvement;
- Enhancing your profile in the eyes of prospective customers ….even when they are not buying;
- Planning for the future – what now for your business?
Access to bespoke one-to-one mentoring from an experienced consultant whose role will be to challenge you, to present new ideas to you and to help you to plan how you will ultimately kickstart your business as we emerge from the current adverse trading conditions.
Due to ongoing restrictions relating to travel and social interaction, all one to one mentoring will be provided virtually using Zoom software. (A member of the Full Circle team can assist you to access and begin to use this)
Who is eligible?
- Be based in the Derry City and Strabane District Council area;
- Be in the tourism, hospitality or retail sector;
- Employ less than 50 people;
Please note that if you have previously participated on the DCSDC Business Boost Programme, you may apply however the amount of mentoring support that you will be eligible to receive will be restricted to one day.
Is participation FREE?
Yes – the Programme is 100% free to participants.
Delivered as part of the Business Boost, the Programme is part-funded by Invest NI and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth and Jobs Northern Ireland [2014 – 2020] Programme.
How long does the Programme last for?
Will start in June and run till Mid-August – see dates in table below
So how do I apply?
- Email Jacqui at Full Circle – [email protected] – and let her know that you wish to apply for a place on the Tourism Support Programme. Alternatively, please call her on 07885 443187.
2. Jacqui will then liaise directly with you to ensure that you are eligible to apply and to assess your priority support needs in this field
3.Deadline for all expressions of interest in relation to this Programme is Friday 5th June @ 13:00 – We encourage you to express your interest as soon as possible because we expect demand to be extremely high for places on this Programme.
** These Programmes and workshops are part-funded by Derry City and Strabane District Council, Invest NI and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Jobs and Growth [2014 – 2020] Programme.**