Keeping children safe from abuse during COVID
Families are under new and additional pressures. Social distancing, self-isolation and quarantine can change people’s behaviour and families may need some extra support.
There are not as many opportunities for adults to spot the signs. It is everyone’s duty to make sure children are safe. Some signs you may spot during COVID 19;
- Aggressive or repeated shouting
- Hearing hitting or things being broken
- Children crying for long periods
- Very young children being left alone or outdoor by themselves
- Children looking dirty or not changing their clothes
NSPCC offer support and guidance for adults and offer an online reporting facility.