Our Commitment to Children and Young People
Derry City and Strabane District Council has made a commitment in the Inclusive Strategic Growth Plan to work with partners to give our children and young people the best start in life.
We want our children and young people to be safer, healthier, more respected and included, and be better able to realise their full potential and become active, responsible citizens.
The Western Area Outcomes Group (WAOG) will be the delivery partnership for the commitments set out within the plan.
- Adopt UNICEF UK Child Rights Framework to improve services for C&YP
- Support the implementation of pioneering community Pilot to address child maltreatment
- Deliver proactive early interventions to improve family support for children falling below the statutory thresholds for intervention
- Provide positive opportunities for C&YP to take part in play, music, arts, drama, recreation and sport
- Engage and empower young people through their participation in the development of an inclusive programme of events and initiatives for Youth19
- Establish local structures to allow C&YP to be involved in decisions, which affect them and have their voices heard, including establishment of a Youth Council
- Establish a Child Poverty Advocacy to facilitate and develop proven models of good practice that will help reduce the number of C&YP living in poverty
Get the latest news
Subscribe to our Children and Young People emailing list at the link below and stay up to date on Children and Young Peoples initiatives.
Subscribe to Children and Young Peoples’ News