In line with the most up to date Government guidance, staff are advised to work from home where possible.
Council's key critical services
- Refuse Collection
- Property and Fleet
- Recycling Centres
- Birth, Deaths, Marriages
- Accounts Payable
- Community Support Services
- Premise Managers, if directed by Head of Service
Council's Management Support Services
- Senior Leadership Team
- Digital Services
- Human Resources
- Reception, Facilities Cleaners and Key Holders based in Strand Road
- Key Holders based in Foyle Arena
- Legal Services
Current government guidance
Everyone is encouraged to follow health regulations including washing your hands regularly, wearing a face mask where required and social distancing.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, including a new continuous cough or a high temperature, you should book a Covid-19 test by visiting one of the testing sites. More information is available at pha.site/cvtesting
If you are sick should remain at home and follow the normal absence notification procedure. Please keep your relevant line manager updated on your current situation and if/when you are fit to return to work.
The most common symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19) are recent onset of:
- New continuous cough and/or
Do not go to a GP Surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you are staying at home.
See link below for full guidance:
For those of you who are working from home we may be required to contact you in the near future to assist with our critical service areas.
Your Health and Wellbeing
With such an overwhelming amount of information being presented, dissected and discussed, it’s natural for us to feel a sense of unease or anxiety. At this time, it’s just as important to consider our mental health and wellbeing as it is with our physical health.
Steps to help you:
There are lots of things outside our control. Let’s remember to breathe and focus on what really matters so we can respond constructively
- Avoid watching, reading or listening to news all day everyday particularly if it causes you to feel anxious or distressed. Seek information mainly to take practical steps.
- We’re all in this together, even when we’re forced apart. Let’s stay connected and reach out to help others who may be in need. Maintain your social networks via email, social media, video calls or telephone.
- Engage in healthy activities that you enjoy and find relaxing. Exercise regularly, keep regular sleep routines and eat healthy food.
- Keep things in perspective. The experts across the world are working to ensure the availability of the best care to those affected.
- Financial Wellbeing- click here to find out ways to look after your financial wellbeing during this time
Employee Assistance Programme
For free, confidential and immediate counselling support with Inspire call
UK 0800 389 5362
Ireland 1800 409 673.
We endeavour to corporately keep you updated. Should any employees wish to be communicated via their personal email address we ask that they contact a member of the Human Resources Team on 07784019707 or 07784019709.