Corporate and Improvement Plans
Corporate Plan 2022/23 and Performance Improvement Plan 2022/23
The Council is committed to its mission of delivering “Improved social, economic and environmental outcomes for everyone” and set out its priorities in the Corporate Plan 2022/23 and Performance Improvement Plan 2022/23 document which was agreed by Council on 30th June 2022.
Our Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan (2022/23) is set out in four key sections.
· Section 1 sets out the context for our plans for 2022/23 and provides details of how we have engaged citizens and stakeholders in our planning processes, how our plans fit together and what we have achieved in 2021/22.
· Section 2 relates to the Corporate Plan for Derry City and Strabane District Council for the year 2022/23. The Corporate Plan explains our priorities for the forthcoming year and what the Council will do to help achieve these and how the Council will spend its budget in support of these priorities.
· Section 3 relates specifically to our improvement objectives for 2022/23.
· Section 4 provides details of your local Councillors and contact details.
A copy of the Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan (2022/23) is available by clicking on the following link:
· Corporate Plan and Improvement Plan 2022/23
A summary version is currently being prepared and will be available in the Autumn.
· Performance Improvement Plan 2022/23
Part 12 of the Local Government Act (NI) 2014 puts in place a framework to support continuous improvement in the delivery of council services, and the Council has an obligation to produce a Performance Improvement Plan.
- Improvement Objectives 2022/2023
The Improvement Objectives 2022/23 are as follows:
1) To increase employment opportunities and economic growth through a range of measures including creating new business start-ups, supporting existing business and delivering visitor growth as a destination of choice
· To continue to develop and deliver a range of initiatives to mitigate the impacts of Covid19 and support economic growth
· To promote jobs through the Northern Ireland Business Start Up Programme and the Business Innovation and Growth Programme
· To assist companies seeking to take advantage of dual market access in both GB and EU
· To deliver high quality festival and events growing our visitor numbers
· Develop and deliver the Labour Market Partnership action plan
2) To assist a return to healthy lifestyles through regrowing participation in high quality leisure, sports and physical activity
· To re-engage and achieve user numbers of the Council’s leisure facilities with a target of pre-Covid levels baseline user numbers and through retention and growth strategies achieve pre-Covid gym membership capacity
· To target underrepresented groups through inclusive leisure, sport and physical activity participation to lead more active lives
· Maintain current high levels of customer satisfaction/net promoter score
· To target participation by those living in deprived areas
3) To create a greener, cleaner more attractive district
· To protect and promote our natural and built assets
· To protect and enhance our environment
4) To deliver improved customer satisfaction by improving customer support services and processes
Details of the previous plans are available below:
· Corporate Plan and Improvement Plan 2021/2022
· Corporate Plan and Improvement Plan 2019/2020
· Corporate Plan and Improvement Plan 2018/19
· Corporate Plan and Improvement Plan 2017/18
· Corporate Plan and Improvement Plan 2016/17
Your feedback is very important in helping the Council to continuously improve.
Please give us your comments on our services, plans and suggestions for improvement by emailing [email protected]
Alternatively, you may telephone 02871 253 253 Ext 4266 or 6704