Corporate and Improvement Plans
Corporate Plan 2019/2020 and Performance Improvement Plan 2019/2020
The Council is committed to its mission of delivering “Improved social, economic and environmental outcomes for everyone” and set out its priorities in the Corporate Plan 2019/2020 and Performance Improvement Plan 2019/2020 document which was agreed by Council on 27 June 2019.
Our Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan (2019/2020) is set out in four key sections:
- Section 1 sets out the context for our plans for 2019/2020 and provides details of how we have engaged citizens and stakeholders in our planning processes, how our plans fit together and what we have achieved in 2018/2019.
- Section 2 relates to the Corporate Plan for Derry City and Strabane District Council for the year 2019/2020. The Corporate Plan explains our priorities for the forthcoming year and what the Council will do to help achieve these and how the Council will spend its budget in support of these priorities.
- Section 3 relates specifically to our improvement objectives for 2019/2020
- Section 4 provides details of your local Councillors and contact details.
A copy of the Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan (2019/2020) is available by clicking on the following link:
A summary version is currently being prepared and will be available in the Autumn.
- Performance Improvement Plan 2019/2020
Part 12 of the Local Government Act (NI) 2014 puts in place a framework to support continuous improvement in the delivery of council services, and the Council has an obligation to produce a Performance Improvement Plan.
The Improvement Objectives we have identified for 2019/2020, are set below.
Improvement Objectives 2019/2020
The Improvement Objectives 2019/20 are as follows:
To increase employment opportunities and economic growth through a range of measures including creating new business start-ups, supporting existing business and delivering visitor growth as a destination of choice.
- To promote jobs through the NIBSUP and the Business Boost Programme
- Create jobs through the Rural Business Investment Scheme
- To deliver high quality festival and events growing our visitor numbers
- Actively engage in the promotion and delivery of skills academies
2. To assist develop healthy lifestyles through increased participation in high quality leisure and sports activities
- To increase users in the Council’s leisure facilities
- To improve health and wellbeing in targeted and underrepresented groups through leisure and sport opportunities that enables everyone in DCSDC to lead full and active lives.
- Maintain current high levels of customer satisfaction/net promoter score
- To improve participation rates for those living in deprived areas
3. To protect and enhance the environment through creating and supporting a culture of environmental stewardship.
- To protect and promote our natural and built assets
- To protect and enhance our environment
4. To deliver improved customer satisfaction by improving customer support services and processes
Further information on these objectives is contained within Section 3 of the Corporate Plan and Performance Improvement Plan.
Details of the previous plan is available below:
Your feedback is very important in helping the Council to continuously improve.
Please give us your comments on our services, plans and suggestions for improvement by emailing [email protected]
Alternatively you may telephone 02871 253 253 Ext 4266 or 6704