Community Planning is a process led by Councils in conjunction with partners and communities to develop and implement a shared, long-term vision to improve the social, economic and environmental well-being of our City and District. It will also guide how our public services will work together locally to plan and deliver better services.
Following an extensive period of engagement with citizens, organisations and businesses involving over 5,000 people, we have developed the draft Inclusive Strategic Growth Plan for Derry City & Strabane District, which is now out for consultation. The consultation process will be open until 15th September 2017 after which the final plan will be published.
Our Community Plan is a significant and long term plan which aims to improve lives and transform the Derry City and Strabane Council area and wider North West Region.
A thriving, prosperous and sustainable City and District with equality of opportunity for all.
The outcomes for the District’s new Strategic Growth Plan (SGP) are:
- We are better skilled and educated;
- We prosper through a strong, competitive, entrepreneurial and innovative economy;
- We live in the cultural destination of choice
- We live sustainably – protecting the environment;
- We connect people and opportunities through our infrastructure;
- We live long, healthy and fulfilling lives;
- We live in a shared, equal, and safe community;
- Our children and young people have the best start in life;
A Copy of the draft Strategic Growth Plan is available to view below (Issu) and for download here.
We have endeavoured to take into account the views of all the people we have consulted in preparing our plan. We are now keen to hear your views on the content of this draft plan. You can join us at one of our consultation workshops taking place throughout June or you can respond by:
Completing our online survey at: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CP2032
Emailing your feedback to: [email protected]
The Community Planning Team
Derry City & Strabane District Council
98 Strand Road
Calling us on: 028 7125 3253