Corporate Plan 2021-2022 represents our priority outcomes as a Council for the next year. It reflects the Council led priorities set out in the Inclusive Strategic Growth Plan and identifies actions we will undertake above and beyond the everyday working of Council services. Improvement Objectives inserted following consultation to contribute to economic and social wellbeing are as follows:
1. To increase employment opportunities and economic growth through a range of measures including creating new business start-ups, supporting existing business and delivering visitor growth as a destination of choice.
• To continue to develop and deliver a range of initiatives to mitigate the impacts of Covid19 and support economic growth
• To promote jobs through the NIBSUP and the Business Boost Programme
• Create jobs through the Rural Business Investment Scheme
• To deliver high quality festival and events growing our visitor numbers
• Actively engage in the promotion and delivery of skills academies
2. To assist a return to healthy lifestyles through regrowing participation in high quality leisure, sports and physical activity (HC1).
• To re-engage and achieve user numbers of the Council’s leisure facilities (HC1A)
with a target of at least 50% of baseline user numbers and through retention and
growth strategies achieve 60% of gym membership capacity
• To target under-represented groups through inclusive leisure, sport and physical
activity participation to lead more active lives (HC1B);
• Maintain current high levels of customer satisfaction/net promoter score (HC1D)
• To target participation by those living in deprived areas (HC1E)
3. To create a greener, cleaner more attractive district.
• To protect and promote our natural and built assets
• To protect and enhance our environment
4. To deliver improved customer satisfaction by improving customer support services and processes.
5. To develop and implement a dynamic recovery plan that provides a proactive response to the challenges presented by Covid19 and which supports and enhances social, economic and environmental well- being in the Council area.