Have Your Say 2019 - Improvement Objectives
Performance Improvement Plan 2019/20 (draft)
Part 12 of the Local Government Act (NI) 2014 puts in place a framework to support continuous improvement in the delivery of council services, and the Council has an obligation to produce a Performance Improvement Plan.
The Improvement Objectives we have identified for 2019/20, are set below and we are particularly keen to know if:
- You agree that the draft performance improvement objectives are appropriate
- What alternative improvement objectives would you like to see considered this year or in the future.
Improvement Objectives 2019/20 (draft)
The draft Improvement Objectives 2019/20 are as follows:
To increase employment opportunities and economic growth through a range of measures including creating new business start-ups, supporting existing business and delivering visitor growth as a destination of choice.
To promote jobs through the NIBSUP and the Business Boost Programme
Create jobs through the Rural Business Investment Scheme
To deliver high quality festival and events growing our visitor numbers
Actively engage in the promotion and delivery of skills academies
2. To assist develop healthy lifestyles through increased participation in high quality leisure and sports activities
- To increase users in the Council’s leisure facilities
- To improve health and wellbeing in targeted and underrepresented groups through leisure and sport opportunities that enables everyone in DCSDC to lead full and active lives.
- Maintain current high levels of customer satisfaction/net promoter score
- To improve participation rates for those living in deprived areas
3. To protect and enhance the environment through creating and supporting a culture of environmental stewardship.
- To protect and promote our natural and built assets
- To protect and enhance our environment
4. To deliver improved customer satisfaction by improving customer support services and processes
A copy of the draft Performance Improvement Plan 2019/20 Summary is available here.
The full draft Corporate and Performance Improvement Plan 2019/20 available here
All feedback is very much appreciated. Please tell us what you think by completing our feedback survey here.
Alternatively you can email [email protected] with your comments on the draft Performance Improvement Plan 2019/20 by Wednesday 29 May 2019.
You may telephone 02871 253 253 Ext 4266 and someone will make a note of your comments or telephone you back to discuss.
Consultation on the draft Improvement Objectives 2019/20 closes on Wednesday 29 May 2019.