Have Your Say 2021/22 - Improvement Objectives
Performance Improvement Plan 2021/22 (draft)
Part 12 of the Local Government Act (NI) 2014 puts in place a framework to support continuous improvement in the delivery of council services, and the Council has an obligation to produce a Performance Improvement Plan.
The Improvement Objectives we have identified for 2021/22, are set out below and we are particularly keen to know if:
- You agree that the draft performance improvement objectives are appropriate
- What alternative improvement objectives would you like to see considered this year or in the future.
Improvement Objectives 2021/22 (draft)
The proposed draft Improvement Objectives for 2021/22 are as follows:
1. To increase employment opportunities and economic growth through a range of measures including creating new business start-ups, supporting existing business and delivering visitor growth as a destination of choice.
· To continue to develop and deliver a range of initiatives to mitigate the impacts of Covid19 and support economic growth
· To promote jobs through the NIBSUP and the Business Boost Programme
· Create jobs through the Rural Business Investment Scheme
· To deliver high quality festival and events growing our visitor numbers
· Actively engage in the promotion and delivery of skills academies
2. To assist a return to healthy lifestyles through regrowing participation in high quality leisure, sports and physical activity
· To re-engage and achieve user numbers of the Council’s leisure facilitie with a target of at least 50% of baseline user numbers and through retention and growth strategies achieve 60% of gym membership capacity
· To target under represented groups through inclusive leisure, sport and physical activity participation to lead more active lives ;
· Maintain current high levels of customer satisfaction/net promoter score
· To target participation by those living in deprived areas
3. To create a greener, cleaner more attractive district
· To protect and promote our natural and built assets
· To protect and enhance our environment
4. To deliver improved customer satisfaction by improving customer support services and processes.
5. To develop and implement a dynamic recovery plan that provides a proactive response to the challenges presented by Covid19 and which supports and enhances social, economic and environmental well- being in the Council area
A copy of the draft Performance Improvement Plan 2021/22 Summary is available here here
The full draft Corporate and Performance Improvement Plan 2021/22 is available here
All feedback is very much appreciated. Please tell us what you think by completing the consultation below
Alternatively you can email [email protected] with your comments on the draft Performance Improvement Plan 2021/22
You may telephone 02871 253 253 Ext 4266 and someone will make a note of your comments or telephone you back to discuss.
Consultation on the draft Improvement Objectives 2021/22 closes on 16 June 2021.