Full list of new Covid 19 restrictions from the NI Executive for Derry and Strabane
02 October 2020
The full list of new Covid 19 restrictions from the Northern Ireland Executive for our Council area below.
Council services are currently under review to ensure they adhere.
• No indoor gatherings should take place where people from different households are mixed, with certain exemptions in place for: weddings, wedding receptions, funerals and post funeral gatherings (existing restrictions and strict social distancing requirements continue to apply); services of worship in places of worship; indoor sport for individual training only (e.g. no exercise classes); workplaces where working from home is not possible; educational settings; managed youth and childcare services.
• Hospitality venues can remain open for take-away, delivery and outdoor dining only. Wet pubs can serve customers outdoors only. Existing restrictions for outdoor settings will continue to apply. Hotels can only provide services to residents as per previous restrictions. A support package for affected venues will be brought forward.
• All museums, galleries and cultural attractions must remain closed and libraries can operate a call and collect service.
• Outdoor gatherings are permitted, up to a maximum of 15 people only. There cannot be gatherings of more than 15 people even with a risk assessment.
Sports training and sporting events are exempt but they must take place without any spectators.
• These restrictions will be in place for a time limited period of a minimum of two weeks, and will be reviewed weekly.
In addition, the following measures are recommended in guidance:
• People living in Derry and Strabane local government district area are required to avoid all unnecessary travel. Similarly, people should only travel to the area where it is absolutely necessary.
• People working in the Derry City and Strabane District Council should continue to work from home where possible.
• Schools, Early Learning and Childcare services in the local government district area will remain open. Adult and Higher Education Institutions will also stay open. Managed youth settings will remain open. However, in these settings, protective measures should be reviewed and steps should be taken to limit congregation as much as possible.
• People are asked to walk, cycle or use private transport, shared only with members of their household where possible. Where public transport is taken, social distancing should be observed and face coverings should be worn.
The additional restrictions complement those imposed in Donegal since the 28th of September– what happens in Donegal impacts on the Derry City and Strabane District Council area and vice versa.