Latest Invest Derry Strabane Diaspora newsletter is now available
18 December 2020
The latest Invest Derry Strabane Diaspora newsletter now available to view.
It covers a number of important updates, including:
- The announcement of an investment of £1.7million in a new arts and cultural project in the Derry-Londonderry Urban Village area.
- Local social prescribing firm Elemental being named Best Small Tech Company of the Year at the 2020 Digital DNA Awards.
- A new 'Destination Derry' network that has been developed to promote the city and county as a great place to live, work, invest and visit.
- A US-based research scientist and biotechnology entrepreneur with Donegal roots who has donated $100,000 to support three students through their four-year degrees at Ulster University's School of Medicine.
- News that the Derry City and Strabane District Council area has officially become the first Zero Waste City in the UK and Ireland.
- More on an Ulster University Artificial Intelligence (AI) expert who is working on pioneering new technology which could help people communicate after serious brain injuries.
- Derry City and Strabane District Council's Shop Local campaign which has encouraged all to shop local this festive season.
- A selection of early-stage businesses and entrepreneurs took part in a start-up bootcamp to help grow and scale their business. The one-day virtual event saw 15 participants with scalable and technology-enabled ideas learn more about building a start-up, receive one-to-one support, with challenges and themed sessions
- The 12th Golden Bridges Conference and Awards ceremony which was hosted virtually from the Guildhall and saw political leaders, business and community representatives and education providers from the North West and Boston share their experiences of dealing with the COVID pandemic and preparing for Brexit.
- Local experts share their advice on returning to the North West to live, work or invest and how that is an enticing prospect – and perhaps more than ever in 2020.
- There's no place like home. But with many Derry and Strabane diaspora unable to travel back this Christmas, Jenni Doherty of Little Acorns Bookstore shares her pick of 2020's local books to enjoy from wherever you are in the world.
You can view the Invest Derry Strabane Diaspora newsletter here https://mailchi.mp/7be9df359c67/invest-derrystrabane-dec