Public Notice Restricted List – Translation and Interpretation
05 May 2023
Restricted List – Translation and Interpretation
· Translation Services
· Interpretation Services
· Provision of Documents in Braille, Moon
· Provision of Information/Documents in audio/audio description/subtitling format
Derry City and Strabane District Council wishes to compile a Restricted List of competent and experienced organisations/individuals/companies from which quotations may be sought for:
(a) Translation services (English to another language)
(b) Interpretation services (including sign languages)
(c) Provision of documents in Braille, Moon
(d) Provision of information/documents in audio, audio description, subtitling format
Applicants will be considered for inclusion on the Restricted List on the basis of the following information, which should be forwarded: -
- Details of service(s) which can be provided e.g. translation into what languages, simultaneous translation etc.
- Where appropriate, company profile with number of employees, job titles, etc.
- Details of relevant qualifications, accreditation/certification and training of individuals who will provide the service(s).
- Membership of relevant professional organisations.
- Experience (including, where possible, samples of documents translated and/or events/occasions at which interpretation services have been provided.
- Details of quality assurance processes/procedures, which will be used.
Preference may be given to organisations/individuals/companies with previous experience and/or recognised relevant professional membership.
Interested organisations/individuals/companies should submit an application to the undersigned by 12 noon on Friday 9 June 2023. Alternatively, applications may be submitted via email to email@example.com.
A receipt should be obtained for any applications submitted by hand. Please also note that the information provided could be disclosed in response to a request under the Freedom of Information Act. No information provided will be accepted ‘in confidence’ and Derry City and Strabane District Council accepts no liability for loss as a result of any information disclosed in response to a request under the Freedom of Information Act.
Those individuals/organisations submitting applications should be aware that Derry City and Strabane District Council does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any quotation.
Chief Executive - Derry City and Strabane District Council
C/o Council Offices, 98 Strand Road, Derry BT48 7NN
C/o Council Offices, 47 Derry Road, Strabane BT82 8DY
Further information: firstname.lastname@example.org