Street Trading Consultation
Consultation on Proposed New Street Trading Policy
Derry City and Strabane District Council is responsible, under the Street Trading (NI) Order 2001, for regulating street trading throughout the district.
Currently we are in the process of reviewing our policy with respect to street trading, with a view to increasing consistency and transparency in the regulation of street trading and assisting stakeholders towards a better understanding of their rights and responsibilities.
Our aim is to promote street trading which:
- complements premises-based trading
- is sensitive to the needs of local communities
- creates opportunities for small businesses to establish themselves and grow
- increases diversity and consumer choice
- protects public safety and prevents nuisance and criminal activity
- enhances the character and ambience of the local environment
Why are we seeking your comments and/or suggestions?
The draft policy proposes some changes to the ways in which we regulate street trading and we are, therefore, seeking the comments and opinions of those who may be affected.
You can download the draft Street Trading Policy here
How can I comment or make a suggestion?
Comments and opinions must be made in writing using the consultation questionnaire below.
You can either complete the questionnaire on-line here, or download it here
Downloaded questionnaires must be either:
- posted to Derry City and Strabane District Council, Licensing and Safety Advisory Group, 98 Strand Road, Derry, BT48 7NN, or
- e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require a more accessible format of this document please send details to email@example.com and your request will be considered.
By when do I have to submit my comments or suggestions?
The closing date for receipt of comments and suggestions is Friday 5th April 2019
What happens next?
We will acknowledge all responses and give full consideration to their substance in the drafting of the final policy. We may contact you again if, for example, we have a query in respect of your response.
We will also tell you when we publish information concerning the consultation responses. We will provide a summary of who responded to this consultation and a summary of the views expressed about each question. This information will be placed on the Council website.
The Licensing Team
T: 02871 253253