Strabane Christmas Fayre
The Strabane Christmas Fayre returns to Strabane on Sunday 2nd December from 1pm-5pm.
The fayre promises to be ‘bigger and better’ in its third year – featuring local food and craft market stalls, as well as festive entertainment by local arts groups, brass bands and school choirs. The Strabane Christmas Fayre promises to be a great family event and the perfect way to start the festive season
The festive extravaganza is a joint initiative between Strabane Neighbourhood Renewal Partnership, Strabane Business Improvement District (BID) and Derry City and Strabane District Council. Features of the day include:
- 30 handcraft and food stalls filling Castle Street and Castle Place selling festive food, gifts and crafts, including toys, sweets and jewellery.
- The entertainment will continue throughout the day with live musical performances by local schools, fabulous local acts as well as the Three Rivers Brass Band.
- A bus will also be running from the Strabane Retail Park to the town centre throughout the day, approximately every half hour. This will be a vintage bus themed on the Polar Express, and people will be ferried between the two locations free of charge and entertained on board with singing and storytelling.
- A ‘Dog Christmas Jumper’ competition and the first ever ‘Pooches Parade’. Registration for the event from 12pm with the parade along the 2 bridges at 12:30pm.
- This year we have added a giant Nordic Tipi tent with an open fire pit. This will be a family area, with arts and crafts and Christmas traditions from around the world
What’s on During the Day
Strabane Town Centre & Retail Park
1pm – 6pm : Christmas Shopping - Check out shop windows for special offers from our Strabane Businesses
1pm – 5pm: Food and Craft Fayre
STAGE 1 (Outside Cafe Scoop)
1.00pm Local School Choirs (Gaelscoil PS, St. Catherine's PS & St. Mary's PS
2.15pm Polish Choir
2.45pm Grassroots with David Oliver & Cat Mac Ginty
4pm – 5pm DJ Julian
1pm – 5pm Food and Craft Fayre
STAGE 2 (Outside B&M Bargains)
1pm Local Solo Artists
2.30pm Strabane Brass Band
3.45pm Darren Doherty & the Heathen Choir
Town Hall Car Park
12pm – 1:30pm Pooch Parade registration and fun walk
Bring along your dog in their festive finest for our Christmas jumper parade
1:30pm Best Dressed Pooch Competition (sponsored by Caliway)
1:30pm – 5:00pm Nordic Tipi
Visit our giant Nordic tipi for a multi-cultural inspired Christmas experience featuring live music and children’s arts and crafts
1:00pm The Three Fivers
2.30pm Jazz Gazette Trio
Strabane Retail Park
1pm – 5pm Christmas Polar Express
Jump on board the Polar Express with singing and storytelling. Pick-up and drop off every half hour at Strabane Retail Park (opposite New Look) and at the side of House Proud