Product Safety Campaigns
OPSS Summer Safety Campaign 2020
OPSS is warning consumers to be wary of summer holiday bargains that are too good to be true. So-called bargains may be harmful and could cause severe injury. Bargain electrical goods, such as pool immersion heaters and phone chargers may not be manufactured to high standards, and can overheat, catch fire or electrocute.
For further information visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/consumer-safety-awareness-campaigns-materials
Electronic Cigarettes Battery Safety Campaign
OPSS is warning consumers of the dangers associated with using the wrong battery in an electronic cigarette and to only use the charger that came with the vape.
5 safety tips to help you avoid a vape battery explosion or fire:
- Only use the charger that came with your vape. Never charge your vape with a phone, tablet or other device charger.
- Regularly inspect the batteries in your vape and replace them if they get damaged or wet.
- Don’t charge your vape overnight or leave it charging unattended. Unplug your vape once its fully charged.
- Protect your vape from extreme temperatures.
- Store spare vape batteries in a plastic case. Keep them away from other metal objects
For further information visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/consumer-safety-awareness-campaigns-materials#e-cigarettes-battery-safety-campaign