Derry City and Strabane District Council takes its data protection responsibilities very seriously. It takes care to ensure that any personal information supplied to it is dealt with in a way that complies with the General Data Protection Regulations and the new Data Protection Act 2018.
The Council has a legal duty to provide certain public services/tasks and, to this end, may use the information you have provided to do so.
The information you supply will principally be processed for the purpose for which it has been provided.
If it is being used for any other purpose you will be informed and your explicit consent will be sought if required (sometimes the law allows us to use it for other legitimate purposes).
Derry City and Strabane District Council will:
- only use your information to carry out its statutory duties or tasks in the public interest
- only ask for what information is absolutely necessary to allow it to carry out its duties
- only use your information for the purpose that you provided it for (we cannot normally use it for anything else without your permission)
- provide you with sufficient information to make a choice when your consent is required and only use it if you have clearly “opted-in”
- store and maintain your personal information only for as long as it is required
- store and maintain your personal information in a secure manner
- dispose of your information if you ask us to do so (and we no longer need to keep it)
If you choose to complete this survey you should be aware that we will have access to some of your personal data. In the survey we ask for your Post Code to help us verify the validity of your response. We will also be able to identify your IP address but we will only use this to ensure that we only receive one response per household.
Your information will not be used for any other purpose other than the survey. Once the survey closing date has passed we will dispose of your information within two months or sooner if you ask us to. You can ask us to dispose of your information by writing to us at either Council office.
We use a third party, Survey Monkey, to carry out this survey on our behalf. We will not allow them to use your data for any other purpose or retain it for any longer than is necessary.