Programme launch 2018
Almost 140 people packed in to An Grianan Hotel on Monday 28 February for the official launch of the programme. Some of the people in attendance included: Councillor Maolíosa McHugh, Mayor of Derry City & Strabane District Council; Councillor Gerry McMonagle, Cathaoirleach, Donegal County Council; Mr Shane Ross T.D., Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport; Mr Peter May, Permanent Secretary, Department for Infrastructure, Northern Ireland; Ms Gina McIntyre CEO of the SEUPB; Mr Gordon Clarke, National Director, Sustrans; Mr John Kelpie, Chief Executive, Derry City & Strabane District Council and Mr Seamus Neely, Chief Executive, Donegal County Council. All councillors from Inishowen Municipal District; Mr Joe McHugh, Government Chief Whip and Minister of State at the Department of Culture with responsibility for Gaeilge, Gaeltacht and the Islands; Elisha Mc Callion, M.P. for Foyle; Donal McKeown, Bishop of Derry; Michael Chance and Joe Cooney, Irish Farmers’ Association.
The event was covered extensively by local and national media. Check out some of our links
- TG4: https://www.rte.ie/news/nuacht/2018/0226/943681-bealach-rothaiochta-agus-siuil-seolta-san-iarthuaisceart/
- Derry Now: https://www.derrynow.com/news/get-bike-cross-border-north-west-greenway-route-officially-launched/209297
- Sustrans UK: https://www.sustrans.org.uk/news/delight-launch-major-cross-border-greenway-project
- Highland Radio: http://www.highlandradio.com/2018/02/26/north-west-greenway-network-launched-today/
5. Donegal Democrat: https://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/news/home/299248/north-west-greenway-launched-in-donegal.html