Derry City and Strabane District Council Application form – Request for copies of third party information (including drawings) from Building Control records
Name of premises:
Address line 1:
Address line 2:
BC Ref (If Known):
Description of information requested: (Give as much information here as possible in relation to the nature of the request):
To be completed by person making the request
To be completed by person responsible for payment of fee (if different from above)
Fees File(s) retrieval from archives - £30 Copy of drawings/documents - £12 (first copy) + £3.60 thereafter Further details on payment can be obtained once the final amount is known.
Example of letter of authority to be completed and signed by the owner – [LINK]
Upload signed confirmation of ownership:
Upload copy of owners photographic ID e.g. Drivers licence:
Please note: Information held within Building Control files is deemed “private” and thus not all requests maybe able to be fulfilled. Each application will be considered based on the information requested. Copyright information Information provided to you in response to this request is likely to be protected by copyright. This does not authorise you to make any use whatsoever of this information without the express permission of the copyright owner.
I understand and accept my responsibilities in this regard:
Privacy Notice Derry City and Strabane District Council takes its data protection responsibilities very seriously. It takes care to ensure that any personal information supplied to it is dealt with in a way that complies with the General Data Protection Regulations and the new Data Protection Act 2018. The Council has a legal duty to provide certain public services/tasks and, to this end, may use the information you have provided to do so. The information you supply will principally be processed for the purpose for which it has been provided. If it is being used for any other purpose you will be informed and your explicit consent will be sought if required (sometimes the law allows us to use it for other legitimate purposes). Derry City and Strabane District Council will:
• only use your information to carry out its statutory duties or tasks in the public interest
• only ask for what information is absolutely necessary to allow it to carry out its duties • only use your information for the purpose that you provided it for (we cannot normally use it for anything else without your permission)
• provide you with sufficient information to make a choice when your consent is required and only use it if you have clearly “opted-in”
• store and maintain your personal information only for as long as it is required
• store and maintain your personal information in a secure manner
• dispose of your information if you ask us to do so (and we no longer need to keep it) and in line with Council’s Retention and Disposal Schedule Derry City and Strabane District Council collects the data for the purposes of the management and application of the Building Regulations.
This data may also be passed on to other related Government Agencies, to other Council Departments E.g. Planning, Environmental Health and other legal agents in response to requests for property certificates. Information in relation to the application will also be published in publicly available Council reports. For additional information refer to Council’s website where the Privacy Notice can be obtained at the following link: http://www.derrystrabane.com/Footer/Privacy-Policy Advisory Notes and Declaration Information provided as part of this application may be disclosed in response to a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
I have read and understood the above privacy notice and advisory notes: