Have Your Say 2023/24 - Improvement Objectives
Part 12 of the Local Government Act (NI) 2014 puts in place a framework to support continuous improvement in the delivery of council services, and the Council has an obligation to produce a Performance Improvement Plan.
The Improvement Objectives we have identified for 2023/43 are set out below, and we are particularly keen to know if:
- You agree that the draft performance improvement objectives are appropriate
- What alternative improvement objectives you would like to see considered this year or in the future.
Improvement Objectives 2023/24 (draft)
The proposed draft Improvement Objectives for 2023/24 are as follows:
1. To mitigate the impacts of cost of living and other price increases on the ratepayers of the district by reducing Council net costs for the 2023/24 financial year by £3.5m
- To deliver efficiencies and service reconfiguration that maximise the utilisation of council resources whilst delivering on our responsibilities to our stakeholders
- To minimise the impacts on our ratepayers of the financial pressures facing Council
- To deliver an ambitious capital plan that incorporates a further £90m of community projects and £240m of City Deal/Inclusive future Fund projects
2. To assist a return to healthy lifestyles through regrowing participation in high quality leisure, sports and physical activity
- To re-engage and achieve user numbers of the Council’s leisure facilities with a target of pre-Covid levels baseline user numbers and through retention and growth strategies achieve pre-Covid gym membership capacity
- To target underrepresented groups through inclusive leisure, sport and physical activity participation to lead more active lives
- Maintain current high levels of customer satisfaction/net promoter score
- To target participation by those living in deprived areas
3. To create a greener, cleaner more attractive district
- To protect and promote our natural and built assets
- To protect and enhance our environment
4. To deliver improved customer satisfaction by improving customer support services and processes
All feedback is very much appreciated. Please tell us what you think by completing the consultation below. The consultation closes at noon on 4th August 2023.
Alternatively you can email [email protected] with your comments on the draft Improvement Objectives 2023/24
You may telephone 02871 253 253 Ext 4266 and someone will make note of your comments or telephone you back to discuss.