COVID 19 Community Support
Advice NI should be the first point of contact if you are shielded or vulnerable and need support because of the impact of Coronavirus.
- Give details of your name, address, shielding letter information, situation and support needs
- Your details will only be passed onto organisations that are essential to the delivery of the services you need
- Western Health and Social Care Trust (if you are in receipt of a GP Shield Letter)
- Derry City and Strabane District Council (if you have not received a GP Shield Letter)
- A local package of support delivered by the community and voluntary sector will be tailored to meet your needs
- The package of support may include things like registering for priority online food delivery, access to medicine and social support.
Text: ACTION to 81025
Email: [email protected]
Community Response to COVID19
Council's Community Services team are working closely with a strong and well-organised community and voluntary sectorand advice services to provide support in the response to COVID 19.
A Community Resilience Programme of £280,000 provided by Council is supporting the community and voluntary sector to deal with the response.
Each of the eight Local Community Planning Areas have developed Community Resilience Plans to protect those most in need:
- Support isolated and vulnerable people
- Access to food, medicine and cleansing materials
- Develop activities to deal with mental health and wellbeing
- Connect isolated people, family members and friends with the wider community
If you are part of an organisation working in the community please, get in contact with your Community Planning Area Lead to coordinate the response and make best use of the resources in your area.