Finance and Funding
STRATEGIC FINANCE & FUNDING
The Strategic Finance & Funding section’s role is to optimise Council’s financial resources as efficiently as possible and works to maximise opportunities to attract external funding and resources into the Derry City and Strabane District Council area for the benefit of our Council, our citizens, our stakeholders and the region as a whole.
A key part of our work includes participating in networks and developing strategic partnerships and relationships. By doing so, we aim to raise the profile of the Council area (at a regional, national and European level) and keep abreast of EU affairs, policy and funding opportunities. This proactive engagement contributes to improving capacity and infrastructure, to economic growth and competitiveness, and enhances the long term economic prospects for the area.
Officers work with both internal Council departments and our external partners and stakeholders, to assist in the development of effective projects and programmes, and to signpost to potential sources of funding.
We do this by providing assistance with the following:
· Scoping of project concepts and guidance on developing project ideas
· Identification of and sign-posting to potential sources of funding and finance
· Assistance in understanding and navigating through the European Commission and the range of funding opportunities it presents
· Engagement with the EU support mechanisms that exist in Northern Ireland
· Providing Information and sign posting to EU institutions, organisations and networks
· Help in finding partners through networks such Eurocities, the NI Horizon 2020 National Contact Points network & the European Enterprise Network.
COMMUNITY FUNDING BULLETIN AND COMMUNITY FUNDING PORTAL
Council’s Strategic Finance and Funding section now produces a Corporate Community Funding Bulletin which will be updated at regular intervals. Click the link below for information.
Community Funding Bulletin
Council also provides community groups in the area with a facility to search for funding opportunities. Using this online tool, groups can create tailored searches to identify funding based on their area, type of project or type of beneficiary. Follow the link below to access up to date opportunities.
Community Funding Portal
Alfie Dallas, Head of Strategic Finance & Funding
Richard Osterhus, Funding Manager
Karen Dyson, Funding Project Officer