Melvin Arena Economic Appraisal
Derry City & Strabane District Council has appointed Otium Leisure Consultancy to carry out an Economic Appraisal for the proposed enhancement of Melvin Arena sports ground. Initial improvements are likely to include
• Provision of spectator welfare facilities
• Spectator entrance/s to include turnstile/s
• Provision of covered spectator seating
• Boundary fencing and dugouts
• Floodlighting to the athletics track
As a follow-up to the public consultation event on 20th February at Melvin Sports Complex, two online surveys are being distributed via email, social media platforms and hard copies. Information captured via the questionnaires will only be used to inform the need for, and intended use of Melvin Arena Sports Grounds.
Links to the two open invitation online surveys related to this project are copied below, the first link is for clubs, schools, groups and organisations (to be completed by a club/group representative e.g. Chair, Secretary, Coaching Officer etc. - one response per group) and the second link is for individual members of the public.
1. To be completed by Clubs, Schools, Groups, Organisations (one response per group)
2. Community Survey to be completed by individual members of the public
Note the link for the Community Survey (second one) can be copied and pasted on club/group/school social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) and shared widely to increase response rate.
Hard copies of the Community Survey will be available for completion at Melvin Sports Complex, Riversdale Leisure Centre and Strabane Library.
Survey completion date is Monday 1st April 2019