Council Media and Strategic Communications Section
The role of the Strategic Communications team at Derry City and Strabane District Council is to proactively engage with media to assist in promoting details of the Council’s corporate services, events, initiatives and campaigns to the wider public.
What we do?
- Provide a press enquiry service for the media
- Issue official Derry City and Strabane District Council commentary and statements to the media
- Draft and issue press releases and communication content to promote Derry City and Strabane District Council initiatives and services
- Proactively highlight and promote Council services and activities.
- Facilitate interaction and co-operation between Council and the media
- Oversee the Council’s social media presence on its official Corporate sites.
- Manage all media and communication for the Mayor and the Mayoral social media platforms
How to make a press query
To make a press query or media inquiry please contact the team at [email protected] or telephone the office directly at 028 71 36583.
For emergency out-of-hours press queries only please ring 0771 8153838.
All news releases are uploaded available here.
The team can be contacted by emailing [email protected] – Tel 028 71 253253 or direct line 028 71 376583.
You can contact members of the team directly on the following email addresses:
Adele McCourt[email protected]Lead Media and PR Officer
Joanne McCarroll[email protected]Media Officer
Johnny Craig[email protected]Assistant Media Officer
Naomi Doherty[email protected]Assistant Media Officer