Community Centre Investment
Derry City and Strabane District Council have an ongoing commitment to invest in local communities with planned capital investment in community centre provision across the Council area.
The investment is a key strand of the Council’s overall agreed ambitious capital plan that forms part of the Council’s Strategic Inclusive Growth Plan to invest in new and refurbished community centre development across the Council area. The projects being taken forward in this phase were identified in a review of community centre provision.
Among the projects currently included in the capital plan are -
- Top of the Hill - completed
- Lincoln Courts - completed
- Shantallow - completed
- Brandywell/ Daisyfields
- Ballymagroarty /Hazelbank (BHCP).
Funding for these projects has been allocated by Council with additional external funding required to be made available from the Department for Communities subject to the approval of appropriate business cases and confirmation of Central Government Departmental funding.
A number of community facilities at Victoria Bridge, Plumbridge and Glebe are complete and ongoing work is progressing at Springhill and Strathfoyle to further develop localised provision.
- Top of the Hill Community Centre –. Indicative cost is in the region of £2.3m - completed
- Lincoln Courts Community Centre - Iindicative costs £700k.- completed
- Shantallow Community Centre – Indicative costs £2.4m - completed
- Galliagh Community Centre – Indicative costs of £1.5m.
- Culmore Community Centre – Indicative costs £1.8m - Completed
- Ballymagroary Hazelbank BHCP Community Centre – HMD Architects recently appointed – concept designs by mid-October – indicative costs £1.8m
- Brandywell/Daisyfields Sports Centre – Final design for review by user groups – planning to be submitted in September – indicative costs £4.1m
- Victoria Bridge, Glebe and Plumbridge projects are all completed