The following access provision is available in the Tower Museum:
- Level access at main entrance
- Internal lift to all 5 levels of Armada Shipwreck – La Trinidad Valencera exhibition including viewing area of city
- Internal lift to museum services area – access to research facilities & genealogy service
- Level access to learning area
- Accessible toilets are located on ground floor
Please note that due to the care of the museum collection some areas of the museum are subject to low light levels.
We are Autism friendly here at the Tower Museum.
Working in association with AutismNI, Northern Ireland’s Autism Charity, we aim to provide opportunities for engagement and learning for people with Autism. Through our Learning and Engagement programme, we break down barriers to individuals with autism when accessing cultural venues. The museum offers a quiet space that visitors can access and it is clearly signposted. Museum staff have all undertaken Autism Awareness Training.
On arrival to the museum please ask for help. Look out for the Autism NI ribbon symbol.
The museum offers Autism Friendly workshops to accompany the exhibition programme, where possible. Check out the Tower Museum programme for details of the Autism Friendly workshops on offer, and a ground floor plan is available here.
Autism Friendly tours of the Tower Museum and the Guildhall are also available.
Contact the Tower Museum Education Team for further details by e-mailing [email protected] or call us on (028) 71372411.