We encourage all users to download the JustPark app and use the cashless parking system. This allows payment for your parking with a credit card or debit card, rather than cash. To register your vehicle and method of payment with JustPark visit the website https://www.justpark.com/.
You can download the JustPark app from:
Cashless parking is available in all pay and display off-street car parks and on-street charged car parking locations in Northern Ireland operated by the Department for Infrastructure (DfI) and local councils, offering an alternative way of paying your parking other than using coins at the pay and display machines.
From 16 January 2020, Parkmobile will no longer be used for cashless parking in DfI or in Derry City and Strabane District Council operated parking locations and the provider JustPark will now offer this service. Once registered with new provider you can manage your cashless parking from their app or online portal.
Information on how the service operates is provided on the pay and display machines at each location or check below.
PAYING FOR CASHLESS PARKING IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SMARTPHONE
If you don’t have a smartphone you can pay for your parking with JustPark using your mobile phone.
- to start your parking session, phone 028 9124 8440 (local call rate charges apply)
- listen carefully to all the instructions
- enter the location code (this is shown on the nearest parking ticket machine)
- to stop parking, call the above number again
- you will be charged for the parking time plus an 8p booking fee
- if there is a fault with the JustPark phone line or app, report this by phoning 028 9057 1956
BENEFITS OF GOING CASHLESS:
- You only have to register once with JustPark – your vehicle and method of payment details
- Stress-free way of paying for parking
- No scrabbling for change
- Pay via simple easy-to-use app or website
- You control when you start and stop parking
- No need to show a pay & display ticket
- Only 8p booking fee
It's important to note that:
- if you don't stop your parking session, charges will apply up to the maximum parking period (see local signs for information)
- traffic attendants can check if you have a valid parking session
- a parking ticket (Penalty Charge Notice) may be issued for failure to obey parking restrictions
For more information on cashless parking, visit the JustPark website