Skip to main content

Health & Safety Business Registration

The below are examples of workplace types that should register with the Council’s Environmental Health Service regarding workplace Health and Safety (please note there is a separate registration form for food businesses):

• Service Sector Users - Hotels, Crèches & Nursery facilities, Banks, Building Societies, Estate Agents,       Undertakers

• Retail outlets

• Wholesale outlets

• Offices

• Restaurants

• Residential Homes

• Places of entertainment

• Recreation facilities

This registration can be done by downloading and completing the Business Registration Form and emailing to the Health & Safety and Consumer Protection Team or posting to your local council office.  Alternatively you can telephone The Health & Safety and Consumer Protection Team and ask for a registration form to be posted to you.

Please note that if you are a food business you must ensure that you are registered with the Environmental Health Department 28 days prior to opening. This is a legal requirement.  This can be done by completing the application form for the Registration of a Food Business Establishment, which can be found here on our website.

Contact Details

For further information contact Health & Safety and Consumer Protection Team 

T:  028 71253253 

E:  [email protected]

Want to know more about what is happening in the council area?

Enter your email address and get them direct to your inbox