See Links below for more information:
Download the Defunct Back Boiler Flyer Below
Building Control has a statutory duty to enforce building regulations to ensure minimum standards of Health & Safety apply to all buildings.
The main services provided by the Building Control Department are:
- Examination of applications submitted under the Building Regulations (NI) 2012
- Inspection of building work on site
- Provision of information for Property Certificate enquiries
- Providing advice on Building Regulations and associated matters.
Building Regulations Forms
For further advice and guidance please visit the Building Control NI website.
Building Control Fees
Please click on the link below to access the Building Control Fees Calculator
REVISED APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCEDURES DURING ONGOING COVID 19 EMERGENCY
Due to restricted access to Council Buildings by the public, Building Control offer the following means to submit applications:
For “Building Notice” and “Regularisation” applications only please:
- Download and complete the application form from the link above. The interactive form can be completed and saved as a file on your computer.
- Email to [email protected].
- Please make it clear who will be responsible for the building control fee and Council will ring to arrange payment by credit / debit card over the phone.
Alternatively the application and fee (paid by cheque) can be submitted by post.
All “Full plan” applications should generally be submitted by post together with the appropriate payment by cheque. However, large bulky applications can be delivered directly to the 98 Strand Road, Derry office by prior arrangement. Please make the necessary arrangements by contacting [email protected].