Update to Regulations: Effective from 1st April 2023
The Building (Prescribed Fees) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2022 - Legislation.gov.uk
The Department of Finance published an amendment to The Building (Prescribed Fees) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2022, which came into operation on 1st April 2022. This implemented a two stage increase in the fees. The first increase took place on the 1st April 2022 and the second increase is due to take place on 1st April 2023.
The increase of 17.5% above current rates will affect Schedules 1 and 2 of the legislation only. Schedule 3 (i.e. based on estimated cost) fees will remain as they are.
A fee calculator is available here (http://buildingcontrolfees.tascomi.com/). Note the changes to the fee calculator will not take effect until the 1st April 2023.
Update to Regulations: Effective from 30th June 2022
More details and information can be obtained by clicking the following links:
- YouTube briefing by the Department of Finance
- New Technical Booklet F1
- New Technical Booklet F2
- A guidance document has also been prepared by BCNI which summarises the new requirements.
- This SAP supplement sheet may be useful in demonstrating compliance with the regulations.
Update to regulations: Effective from 1st April 2022
The Department of Finance published an amendment to the Building Regulations (NI) 2012 which became effective on 1st April 2022. These provisions change Parts A, B, C, E and R of the regulations. To accompany these changes, amendment booklets have been published which provide the changes made to the related Technical Booklets.
- More details and information can be obtained below:
- YouTube briefing by the Department of Finance on the new changes.
- YouTube briefing by the Department of Finance on changing places toilets (Part R)
- The Building (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2022
- Amendments Booklet – AMD 7 (Part B, C & E)
- Amendments Booklet – AMD 8 (Part R)