OPSS Toys and Electrical Products Campaign
OPSS is leading a fresh campaign to raise awareness about potential hazards to adults and children associated with toys and electrical products. They are urging consumers to ‘think before they buy’ as not everything you see advertised on an online platform is sold by that platform.
Comsumers should consider the following:
- Do you know who you are buying from?
- What do you know about the seller?
- Do you know where you are buying from?
Before you buy, check if the item is or has been recalled.
UK Product safety notices, recalls and alerts can be accessed here.
Europa Product Recalls can be accessed here
If you have bought a product that you think is unsafe, please report it to Environmental Health on 028 71253253 or email [email protected]
Further information on the campaign and other OPSS product safety campaigns can be found here.
Electronic Cigarettes Battery Safety Campaign
OPSS is warning consumers of the dangers associated with using the wrong battery in an electronic cigarette and to only use the charger that came with the vape.
5 safety tips to help you avoid a vape battery explosion or fire:
- Only use the charger that came with your vape. Never charge your vape with a phone, tablet or other device charger.
- Regularly inspect the batteries in your vape and replace them if they get damaged or wet.
- Don’t charge your vape overnight or leave it charging unattended. Unplug your vape once its fully charged.
- Protect your vape from extreme temperatures.
- Store spare vape batteries in a plastic case. Keep them away from other metal objects
For further information visit here